Did you know that corporate wellness programs have touched a whopping $8 billion in the U.S. alone? And the global wellness market will reach $66 billion by 2022. But, unlike other trends, this one is here to stay. It makes sense that a healthy and happy employee can contribute much more than a sad and stressed employee. Corporate wellness programs increase productivity 🏆and reduce the need for sick days.
Corporate wellness started in the ’70s. But the programs that are available today are much more different than the ones available for the previous generations. With so many different technologies that emerge every day, wellness programs have taken advantage of it.
Some of the platforms which make this corporate wellness hit are:
- Wearables: Overall 21% of Americans use a fitness tracker or a smartwatch ⌚. If you take a look at a small gathering, at least one in 5 people would be sporting one. And, this trend is about to get even higher. The more popular brands like Apple, Fitbit, Garmin, etc. have been upping their devices and game. The wearables come with heart rate monitors, constant alarms, multiple fitness activities, and also chance to challenge their fellow friends or colleagues. This makes it even more fun. When the company buys these smartwatches in bulk, they get a better rate. So, it works as a good incentive for the employee while making fitness the priority.
- Gamification: In older days, games meant playing ball in the court, golfing with the team, etc. Although those are still around, gamification has taken a new meaning by incorporating those strategies with apps. The basics are the same. There are rules, there are rewards, and there is social interaction. It is a platform where an employee enrolls with his/her fellow workmates and follows certain rules to achieve their goals. Those goals can be anything from eating healthier, walking more, losing weight, etc. It makes them more accountable and gives them a chance to motivate each other. This will in-turn reflect during work 🏢 as well. People will eventually coordinate well without any interference.
- Health Coaching/Nutrition Tracker Apps: What fitness apps lack, these apps cover them. They have a detailed plan on tracking what they eat, how it affects their calories, and what they can do to make it better. Apart from food 🥘, there are many small apps like water reminders, meditation, sound machines, etc. which helps the employees develop a better lifestyle. It also comes with privacy, which is preferred by people who do not like group challenges.
- Corporate Wellness Management Software: This is the latest addition, which benefits the employer at the end. As an employer, if you would like to facilitate fitness clubs, spas, yoga classes, or any other health-related activity, you can do that via Leon. Leon helps you maintain memberships and renewals automatically, and book classes at your favorite fitness studios. All you have to do is register your company. On top of all that jazz, we also track efficiently how it is benefiting the employees via reports. These reports help you pick the right plan for your employees. Oh yeah, AND we have a slack integration, which means communication is never going to be a problem.
- Social Media: If you do not want to spend a lot in the beginning, as small as a social media group can go a long way. A hashtag, a group, a page, can also help your company’s reputation. This will eventually attract good talent to your company.
While you’re choosing your corporate wellness platform there are a few things you must keep in mind:
1. Security: How secure 🔒is your employee’s data? If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask more. In this age, data is more valuable, and as an employer, you must protect the data.
2. Integrations: Everything is mobile these days. Do they have a good system that syncs with both mobile and laptop? Do they sync well with their social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or even chat rooms like Slack?
3. Ease of Use: How easy is the dashboard to use? Is it loading quick, is everything clear and easy to read? Are the reports accurate? These although look trivial it will save a lot of time and money.
4. Technical Support: Do they offer continuous support? How fast do they respond to your queries? Are they clear in giving accurate solution?
The possibility of incorporating health in your employee’s life are endless. Are you ready to take the first step?